# Connect Ledger Nano S to the æternity Base æpp
Install the æternity app on your Ledger device to manage AE tokens with the æternity Base æpp.
### 1. Before you start, make sure:
- You've [initialized](https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000613793) your Ledger Nano S.
- The latest firmware is [installed](https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002731113).
- Ledger Live is [ready to use](https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006395233).
### 2. Install the æternity app on your Ledger Nano S
1. Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
2. Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
3. If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
4. Find **Aeternity** in the app catalog.
5. Press the **Install** button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display **Processing…**
- The app installation is confirmed.
### 3. Open the æternity Base æpp
- Open the æternity application on your Ledger device, the screen will display "Use wallet to view accounts"
- Open the following URL in your Chrome, Firefox or Opera desktop browser: [https://mvp.origin.aepps.com](https://mvp.origin.aepps.com) and wait for a few moments while the Base æpp detects your Ledger Nano S.
- You will be prompted to confirm the ledger address. If the address you see is correct, confirm it by pressing the right button on your ledger device.
- When the connection with your ledger has been established successfully, you will see your account in the right corner of the page header.
### 4. Receive AE tokens using the æternity Base æpp
1. Click on the Receive link in the page header.
2. Copy the address of the account you want the AE tokens to be sent to.
3. Paste the account address in the wallet which you will be sending the AE tokens from. Double-check that the address is copied and pasted correctly.
### 5. Send AE tokens using the æternity Base æpp
1. Make sure the account you want to send AE tokens from is selected as the active account.
2. Select the Send link in the page header.
3. Paste the address you want to send tokens to.
4. Enter the amount of AE tokens you would like to send.
5. Click the Transfer button.
6. You will be prompted to select how much AE tokens you would like to spend on the transaction fees. Transactions with higher fees will be executed faster. Place the slider in a position, where you are comfortable with the fees amount and hit Next.
7. You will be prompted to confirm the transaction on your Ledger Nano S.
8. Review the address where the tokens will be sent, the amount you are sending, and the fees.
9. Then confirm the transaction by pressing the right button on the Ledger Nano S.
10. **Your transaction is in progress.**
11. To view the transaction's state click on the view in Blockchain Explorer link in the transaction confirmation alert. The transactions related to this address will be shown on the screen.
If you experience problems with any of the steps mentioned in this tutorial feel free to post directly on our forum at [https://forum.aeternity.com/c/aepplications](https://forum.aeternity.com/c/aepplications)